Sunday, July 10, 2011

OH MY GOSH!!

Okay, I probably should have come up with a more sophisticated title... but I'm in such an amazingly strange state of excited, in awe and totally relaxed that I can't come up with anything better!!!

Homeschooling moms, be very jealous. I was sitting in the same chair Mrs. Tracy Klicka sat in last week! And Bev Bradley not long before that and David & Shirley Quine then Jan Bloom before that... it's like walking through Mount Vernon sitting in the president's chair in the Oval Office!! AAAHHH!!! Now I know how Toni (aka TheHappyHousewife) felt when sleeping in Cinderella's Castle!

Bob & Tina Farewell, our family by a wonderful marriage, are graciously allowing us to stay in their super-awesome Tree House and I'm in heaven!! (Note the plush robe and perfectly large-but-still-pretty teacup!) If you don't know of the Farewells or any of the folks I mentioned above, you really must take the time to peruse their websites, read their books, and listen to any seminars you can find online. As homeschool pioneers, they have years of experience and a true heart for homeschooling our children from the heart. Amazing people, I tell you. (Umm... if you are one of those people I mentioned & you want your name off my blog, I'm happy to do that, too. Sorry. Can I have your autograph?!)

Seriously, though, our family is enjoying some time away in Lake Wales. I love being with my GeGe and the time was made even better by Mom joining us! My sis & her kiddos are coming soon as is Dad! Add our amazing cousins, who live next door to GeGe, and the fact that we get the treat of visiting with the Farewells... I'm sure you'll understand my excitement!

Get to know the folks above. Amazing people. And, what is so encouraging to me, they are just like you and just like me. They love their children. They homeschool(ed), serve, speak, write, encourage out of the abundant goodness of God. I'm inspired to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you look nice in your robe!!! I hope you are having fun! We missed you today at church. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping a note!