Monday, February 1, 2010

Proof I love my children...

I LOVE all things food. I love to cook, to grocery shop at gourmet stores and gaze at the delicious offerings, and most of all I love to eat!

That is why it is particularly difficult for me to have a pantry that looks like THIS!

It's been like this since Christmas. I had it all neat before Christmas but it's been steadily declining since then. >sigh< I almost organized it today but realized I should really fold the laundry and clear it from the couch instead of creating another mess all over the breakfast table. :)

I desire my children to know how to cook, clean behind themselves- in other words, contribute to family life. And that's why my pantry looks like a tornado hit! It's more important to allow them to contribute than for everything to be perfect. And it's more important to snuggle as they wake up from naps than for me to be organizing the pantry.

So welcome to the chaotic side of GraceFull Mom! That basket will contain the tupperware it's intended to... and others will neatly corral napkins once again. I'll be able to step into my walk-in pantry as will my quite capable kitchen helpers who will then be able to reach the shelves to return things where they belong. :) Until then, I *try* to remind myself- this season of preparation is about the hearts of my littles, not the state of my beloved pantry.

p.s. I went to take a picture of my mess and found Ben cleaning out my pantry for me! Talk about providential timing! :)

1 comment:

  1. Allie, this post made me smile. Especially when you said: It's more important to allow them to contribute than for everything to be perfect.

    It reminded me of an article I read recently that blessed me, and I think it'll bless you too! The underlying point I gained {and loved} from it is "Homemaking is not about making perfection." Read it and I'm sure you'll love it!

    http://www.aholyexperience.com/2010/01/real-secret-to-happy-homemaking.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping a note!