Tuesday, January 6, 2009

How to be a Lady


Lauren and I started a new "Mother-Daughter" study today. She finished Proverbs 31 before Christmas and now we're reading, "How to be a Lady."

Today, the book referenced the error of thinking too much or too little of yourself. Before I elaborated on the concept of thinking too little of yourself, Lauren surprised me with this explanation.

"If you're foolish while you're little, your heart gets set on doing foolish things and when you get old, like 16, you make bad decisions and it's harder to learn to do the right thing."

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness in my strong little girl's life! He is shaping her even now. May His mercies continue in Lauren's life all of her days.

1 comment:

  1. Heehee! Just another evidence that God is being Himself...faithful, good, and never asleep!

    For all the jabs I get for blogging, THIS post is EXACTLY why I think they are SO great! Because this "journal entry" won't get lost in a move, and you won't have to try to remember to tell Lauren about it when she's older...She will always be able to look back and see God's hand in her life. I LOVE IT! =D

    Yay God!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping a note!